This produces the human dilemma. Summed up from a Christian perspective, it is as that:
- we are all sinful and guilty as judged,
- regardless of what we do, we are in line surely moving towards a humanly inescapable harsh judgment,
- despite God’s merciful nature, Justice – also a part of God’s nature – must be served,
- judgment is applicable to humankind alone and thus may only be justly paid by a human
- all humans – descendants of the first man Adam – are sinful and fall short. We qualify to bear the judgment, but we are unable to discharge it. Who will save us from this body of death….?